T’s & C’s
All outrides, horse riding lessons and activities related to the horses are subject to, Turquoise Horse Trails, standard terms and conditions. Please review the terms and conditions and ensure you are well acquainted with each point listed below prior to completing your reservation. If you have completed a booking form, you have agreed to our Term’s and Condition’s and accept liability for any charges. Credit card details are required to secure your booking and will need to be emailed to us. These details will only be used to complete a transaction if the cancellation policy is not abide by.
*Please use our “Judge Your Riding Ability” guidelines that follow and indicate your corresponding ability next to the rider name on your booking form. This same ability indicator must be used on the indemnity form on day of ride.
JUDGE YOUR RIDING ABILITY:
BEGINNER (BEG) – A rider with limited or no experience. Unable to mount or dismount unassisted, give basic aids, walk, trot or canter. All beginners will be led on the trail.
NOVICE (NOV) – A rider who is capable of mounting and dismounting unassisted, is capable of applying basic aids, comfortable and in control at the walk, trot and short canters. Occasional holiday or out rider. Rides less than 10 x a year. Novice riders will be allowed to ride alone but a guide will be present on the ground to aid with controls if needed.
INTERMEDIATE (INT) – A rider with a firm seat, is in control at all paces, but does not ride regularly.
STRONG INTERMEDIATE (SINT) – A rider with a firm seat, is in control at all paces, rides regularly at home or riding yard, owns horse/s with at least 5 years’ experience.
ADVANCED (ADV) – All of the above plus an independent seat, soft feel hands and can handle a spirited horse in open country. 10 years’ experience, ridden in competitions or events.
- We are a English speaking company. Please ensure you understand the basics or have a translator present so you can fully understand our safety brief.
- Bad attitudes, snobbish, rude, difficult and arrogant behavior will not be tolerated and you will be shown the door. We appreciate if everyone is down to earth and sharing the same love for horses as we have.
- All our clients are VIP’s and VVIP’s. We do not show preferential treatment to anyone, group or company and do not discriminate against the same.
- We assume all our clients are horse loving people and respect the fact that we don’t over use or abuse our animals. If we do not have availability please don’t try and pressurize us to concede.
- Riders might be grouped together to fill the available slots for each days out ride – only Romantic picnics and Swimming with a Horse will be done separately
- All clients must have completed a Rider Registration/Indemnity Form before riding a horse or taking part in any horse related activities.
- All participants must arrive at Turquoise Horse Trails at least 15 minutes prior to your confirmed booking time.
- For the safety of our clients and for the benefit of the health of our horses we have a safety weight restriction of 95kg and this limit will strictly be adhered to. Clients may be asked to be weighed in front of the guide before departure. We are not able to take any heavier riders and we reserve the right to turn away riders who are over this weight on arrival at our facilities. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are under the required maximum weight before you arrive at our facility as no refunds for a booked ride will be given on the day.
- In the event that a rider is not capable of the riding required for a particular outride, Turquoise Horse Trails reserves the right to request that the rider not commence and/or continue on that outride. Determining the level of experience and/or suitability of a rider is done at the sole discretion of Turquoise Horse Trails.
- We want every client to really enjoy our rides and our horses but in the interest of safety for everyone on your ride you may have to go a little slower than you would ideally like and just have a few short controlled canters, when and if, approved by your guide. We don’t allow any galloping on the beach or trail at all because if one horses gets out of control it will make a hazard for everyone and can cause serious injury to a horse. If you are an experienced rider you will understand this and rather enjoy this amazing location and well-loved horses in a more leisurely way than what you might have expected.
- Please note that we do not provide or arrange any transfers/transport. Ensure you have arranged this in advance with your hotel/guesthouse who will advise you on the best options.
- Please ensure you are dressed accordingly for horse riding and for the weather conditions. Long pants and closed shoes that don’t slip off your feet. No slip-slops. Sun protection methods are advised ie long sleeve uv protection collared shirts etc. Sunglasses. Light weight rain jacket if necessary.
- Bookings are accepted on the basis that riders do not suffer from any illness or disability which could prejudice their safety on horseback.
- Client bookings are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate The Possible Risks Inherent in Horse Riding and Horse Riding based activities, specifically on and around horses, and that they undertake our services and rides at their own volition.
- The operator places extreme importance on its safety of its clients however it is important that clients realise that they are responsible for making themselves aware of the risks involved and are responsible for making their decisions accordingly. Turquoise Horse Trails assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage before, during or after any activity related to horse riding or/and in/at its facilities.
- Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Turquoise Horse Trails guides, employees and agents whilst at the facility and on rides with the operator. Failure to do so will mean that clients will be refused to commence and/or continue on their ride. No refunds will be given if such an event occurs.
- If in the opinion of Turquoise Horse Trails, the health or conduct of a client at any time before or during a ride or activity, appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the ride or compromise the safety and enjoyment of the other riders in the group, the client may be excluded from all or part of the ride without refund.
- The client acknowledges and accepts that although the operator does hold various insurances, this booking condition states that the client must assume he/she is not covered by any insurance policy the operator may hold, including all liability insurance for death, injury, damage or any other loss.
- Turquoise Horse Trails will not be responsible for loss and/or damage of any personal goods or property, during any rides and/or at our premises including theft, fire damage and any natural or man-made disasters.
- The operator advises clients to obtain adequate medical/travel insurance.
- The person signing the booking confirmation form/email (which incorporate these terms) warrants that he/she has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose name appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these terms and conditions.
- A parent or legal guardian must confirm bookings for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Clients wanting to ride may not be intoxicated by any alcohol or drug/s. If clients are found to be intoxicated upon arrival they will be refused to commence on the ride without any refund. No consumption of alcohol or any drug/s are allowed during a ride or on the premises.
- Damage to any of our equipment or property, other than normal wear and tear, will be charged for.
- Turquoise Horse Trails takes no responsibility for any fraudulent use of your Credit Card, even if such details were provided to us through the booking process.
Bookings Policy and Conditions
- All rides are subject to availability. Turquoise Horse Trails reserves the right to cancel and/or reschedule any ride for any reason at any time at their sole discretion.
- Daily riding times are subject to continuous change as these are dependent on the tides and weather. Your time of the ride will be given once your date of booking has been secured.
- All riding itineraries and/or routes are approximate and occasionally conditions dictate that they be changed.
- Bookings are for a maximum of 2-3 pax per ride per day. Beach rides for persons between the age of 6-15 years will have to be done on a lead.
- Upon confirmation of your booking whereby your date and time slot has been allocated by the operator, all clients are required to submit their full credit card details via email or Whatsup within 48h as a security deposit. (Name of card holder, Full card no., expiry date and CVV no.-last 3 no. on back of card) These details will only be used to transact a payment in the event that our T’s & C’s are contravened. By providing these details you give THT permission to use them. Only then will your booking be deemed a 100% secure.
- Payment for a booking can be done by credit card but we do prefer cash on the day payable before any activity commences in € or SCR.
- Personal cheques, Company cheques, Diners cards, American Swiss, Travellers Cheques and all other foreign currencies, except what is stated above, will not be accepted for payment.
- No refunds will be given in/for any event or activity.
Cancellation and Refund Policy and Conditions for advanced bookings
Cancellations effect our business significantly as we have often turned away other customers to hold your reservation. As most people book their holidays and rides well in advance, it is difficult to replace a reservation at late notice and for this reason our policy is strictly adhered to. Any and all reservations are not transferable.
- Cancelations received before 10 days of commencement of the ride will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received before 5 days of commencement of the ride will be charged 50% of the total booking amount.
- Cancellations received within 48hours of commencement of the ride will be charged 100% of the total booking amount.
- In the event of a no show on the day of a booked ride, 100% of the ride amount will be charged.
Please phone or email us to make a cancellation.
Rides and horse riding activities go out in all safe weather conditions, rain or shine. In the event that cancellation is made by Turquoise Horse Trails, for any reason, all deposits and/or any part of the total balance that had been paid to us will be refunded in full in the same manner in which it was originally paid.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS EXCEPTED